In this video Paul Reeves, partner at Stephenson Harwood LLP and associate Natalie Edwards take employers through the basics of a fair redundancy exercise.
The video covers a range of topics, including:
- How to determine who to make redundant
- The consultation process
- When collective consultation obligations will be triggered
- The costs associated with redundancy
- How to minimise reputational harm
Supporting your workforce through transition
Due to the challenging climate, businesses are faced with difficult decisions around their employee headcount as they undergo transition. An uncertain jobs market makes letting go of staff an even tougher choice when you're seeking to look out for the best interests of your workforce. But while you may not have the resource available to support employees leaving your organisation, our career toolkit can help employees make the career transition.
Features of Robert Walters Career Toolkit
- Applicable for all employees
- Access to valuable career resources through templates, video tutorials, webinars, podcasts, articles and guides
- Dedicated partners providing mental health and well-being and LinkedIn support