Salary GBP300 - GBP350 per day
Consultant Charlie Knights
Date posted 27 November 20192019-11-28 2019-12-27 accountancy London London GB SE1 7NA GBP 300 350 350 DAY Walters People https://www.walterspeople.co.uk https://www.walterspeople.co.uk/content/dam/walters-people/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
FTSE listed Oil and gas company looking to bring on a Financial Adviser for a 6 month period on a day rate basis. This role is based in Central London and could be extended past the 3 months.
This multinational oil and gas company are looking to bring on someone in a financial advisory role for a 6 month period. This role sits in the corporate controllers team and will have overall responsibility for ensuring efficient and tightly controlled quarterly Group reporting and annual statutory reporting processes are in place to support a number of holding companies.
The main responsibilities of the Finance Advisor are:
Working closely with the Group treasury, tax and legal functions to ensure the relevant company assets are managed and hedged, and dividends are executed in line with treasury policy
- Ensuring the correct accounting treatment is applied to holding company and related transactions, including interest and exchange exposures, liquidity, tax matters, acquisitions, disposals and other restructuring transaction
Providing accounting advice and guidance to project teams.
Driving ongoing process improvement to ensure that we make best use of the systems available,
Contributing to ad hoc projects, in line with business needs and efficiency objectives, and influencing stakeholders of all levels across the world
The ideal candidate for this Finance Advisor role will have:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise and influence all levels of management.
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Excellent IFRS technical accounting knowledge.
- Embraces change and can think creatively to solve complex accounting issues.