Salary GBP65000 - GBP75000 per annum
Consultant Katie Slingo
Date posted 27 October 20192019-10-28 2019-11-26 retail London London Eversholt Street GB NW1 1BU GBP 65000 75000 75000 YEAR Walters People https://www.walterspeople.co.uk https://www.walterspeople.co.uk/content/dam/walters-people/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Premium Womenswear retailer seeking a Part Time Financial Accountant to join the team for 9-12 months.
Part Time Financial Accountant sought by Premium Womenswear retailer to join the team for 9-12 months. The position will be part time, 3 days a week reporting into the Head of Financial Control.
You will be preparing and submitting all VAT and tax documents for all entities and you will have full responsibility for international management accounts.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage finance month and year end processes for all international entities
- Ownership and review of all international month end accruals and prepayments
- Support in the reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Prepare variance analysis for the international entities and understand and be able to explain all variances against budget, prior year and forecast
- Produce balance sheet reconciliations for international and review with the Head of Finance
- Owner of key month end reconciliations and controls including Stock, and Fixed Assets
- Calculating and filing UK Distance Selling & Overseas VAT returns and ensuring payments are made on time
- Responsible for managing year-end audit and preparing the statutory accounts for all entities (UK and International)
- Calculating Corporation Tax provisions and filing submissions including annual PSA
- Ensuring all other external compliance related reporting is submitted on time.
- Assisting FP&A team with analysis to aid the annual budgetary process and forecasts as required
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and Senior Management Accountant to continually review and improve the quality of financial control procedures and policies throughout the group, taking ownership for a number of control procedures.
- Implement accounting policy changes and Finance best practice
- Ad-hoc compliance project work that may be required by the Head of Finance
Key skills and experience
- ACA Qualified with 2/3 years post qualified experience in industry
- Retail experience would be advantageous
- Experience of international group accounting
- Audit background
- Strong technically and up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards and impending changes