Head of Billing
Walters People are currently recruiting a Head of Billing position based in Manchester City Centre
Global marketing and media communications business are seeking to add a head of billing to lead their billing team located in the centre of Manchester. The role will be centred around supporting the business to reduce unbilled and aged debt, helping the channel and client teams to ensure accurate bookings are sent to bill promptly and various ad hoc tasks.
Your role as the head of billing will be to report into the billing director and manage the team to resolve and clear down aged debt and unbilled. Similarly, liaising with relevant teams – e.g. channel, clients or finance, to get the core of the problem & resolve.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for the accurate management of PO tracker – ensuring that all bookings on the system remain under the PO approved amount
• Responsible for 2 teams within the billing function
• Responsible for investigating why any bookings go onto the system late / inaccurately
• Clear communication with the team/s making bookings resolving any queries ahead of billing deadlines
• Work with the teams making bookings to ensure that the reconciliation process has taken place on each client before the Digital billing deadline.
• Ownership of the accuracy of invoices going out to clients by the monthly deadline/s
• Lead the query management process for Suppliers & Client invoices, analysing and identifying the cause of it & devising a plan for resolution
• Liaise with Comms team when relevant to escalate to Client team in order to resolve
To be considered for the role the requirements are as follows:
• Strong knowledge of systems – Media Ocean/Prisma/MS Excel
• Highly skilled in problem solving and analytical skills, excellent attention to detail
• Collaborative approach; ability to work with multiple stakeholders
• Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
For more information on this exciting head of billing position for an industry leading marketing and media communications business based in Manchester, or any other finance roles in Greater Manchester or the surrounding area, please contact Keifer Power at Walters People on Keifer.Power@walterspeople.co.uk