Payments Team Leader
Leading professional services organisation based in Manchester City Centre require a Payments Team Leader to manage an established team of 10
This role requires a strong leader who is performance driven and can inspire others as well as support and develop team members. Join a culture of teamwork and imagination that fosters a result driven environment, professional expertise and high quality output.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a high calibre leader to develop the team to achieve business objectives ensuring consistent performance. With a core objective of maintaining a well-organised Payments function, ensuring adequate controls and quality checks are in place and maintaining a high standard in order to comply with audit, governance guidelines.
Specific duties include:
- Day to day leadership responsibilities of the Payments team; monitoring the end to end process & individual team member's performance against agreed key performance indicators on a regular basis, and giving appropriate feedback as required and address/resolve underperformance in a positive manner.
- Embed and maintain a high performance culture ensuring that objective setting cascades to all team members and that the team have a clear understanding of how they contribute to the Finance and business strategy.
- Allocating roles and responsibilities across the team, ensuring that the utilisation of skills and expertise is maximised using best practice workforce management principles
- Management of the company’s Payments function and completion of the KPI reporting on a weekly/monthly basis with the support of the Payments Manager.
- Act as escalation contact regarding any payment related matters to deliver and promote a world class customer service culture
- Ensure that all processes and controls comply with the internal audit/governance requirements and Regulatory Authority Accounting Rules
- Supporting the Payments Manager to identify, drive & implement process and control improvements in the end-to-end processes across the team and to support the design, development and implementation of the solutions working closely with the various stakeholders.
- Oversee the integration of mergers and acquisitions onto the system for the Payments team ensuring compliance with international regulations and efficient functionality.
- Active involvement in business improvement projects and work with change team to design and implement agreed new processes & policies effectively within the Payments function.
- Develop professional networks across the business to understand the developing requirements of senior business leaders, trends, and developments within the wider business
- Liaising with the firm's Finance Systems, Cashiering, and Purchase Ledger teams to resolve operational issues and boost efficiency
- Supplying requisite management information for the compilation of the monthly dashboard statistics/reporting and utilising the data to identify and remedy and bottlenecks.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Demonstrable experience of at last 5 years payments process and experience of quality checking work and implementing checks and controls in a team
- Proven track record in successfully driving and accounts payable and/or payments team
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
- Flexible and adaptable to deal with changing requirements, able to balance competing priorities
- Good Excel skills
- Ability to help lead and motivate a team including goal setting and performance management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work effectively to meet deadline
- Embraces change, with a 'can do’ attitude
In return you will receive a competitive salary, hybrid working days (3 days in the office ad 2 days at home), flexible benefits package and the opportunity to work for a dynamic, innovative, international organisation
Salary: GBP26000 - GBP32000 per annum + Excellent benefitsLocation: BoltonDate posted: 30 June 2022A very successful property management business based in Bolton are looking for a skilled Senior Accounts Assistant to join their vibrant finance department on a permanent basis. The role is to assist with Transactional and month-end finance duties for the wider business.
Salary: GBP35000 - GBP40000 per annumLocation: City Of ManchesterDate posted: 20 June 2022Innovative Blue Chip Organisation requited a Billings Supervisor for an exciting new project based in Manchester (hybrid working days, 1-2 days in the office)
Salary: GBP32000 - GBP37000 per annum + Hybrid WorkingLocation: ChaddertonDate posted: 08 June 2022Exciting opportunity for a part qualified professional to join a reputable financial services organisation based in the centre of Chadderton. The management accountant role offers a competitive salary, study support to complete CIMA/ACCA and a hybrid working model for a better work/life balance.
Salary: GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annumLocation: City Of ManchesterDate posted: 07 June 2022Walters People are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant on a 3/6 Month basis
Salary: GBP32000 - GBP40000 per annum + study support + additional benefitsLocation: ManchesterDate posted: 17 May 2022An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant to join a successful market-leading business based in the Salford Quays area of Manchester. The business has seen exponential growth over the past few years which has continued throughout 2022