Role: Events Assistant Permanent Covent Garden, London Salary: up to £25,000
About the Events Assistant
Reporting to the Events Manager, the Events Assistant will be responsible for working to develop and implement the London, and on occasion wider UK events schedule. The role will involve creating and delivering a diverse events schedule for a cross-section of the businesses teams.
The Events Assistant will have the determination and attention to detail required to deliver high quality events and will be able to manage the full event life cycle from the event concept through to post event reporting. The successful candidate may already be a junior events professional looking to further their career or alternatively a keen graduate from an Events or Marketing degree.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Be responsible for a varied and diverse events schedule that includes hospitality, internal events, sponsorship campaigns through to thought leadership seminars and breakfasts/lunches.
• Managing the preparation process to ensure successful delivery of the events
• Stakeholder management. Co-ordinate closely with the management team to build relevant invitee lists and ensuring the calibre of attendees is strong
• Create awareness of the event, ensuring the invites are maximised and there is a good spread of clients/target clients in attendance
• Pre-event administration - including sourcing speakers, liaising with venues and event suppliers and managing the invite process
• Work closely with the Marketing team, keeping them updated with the events schedule to maximise event exposure
• Liaise with the design team to create event invitations and any other collateral required for events. E.g. Adverts for sponsored events
• Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers to ensure preferential rates
• On the day event management - manage the registration process for delegates at conferences, management of speakers and sponsors etc.
• Carrying out before and after event feedback and reporting, allowing the business to monitor the success of the events schedule.
• Ensuring the correct event follow up process is carried out after all events. This involves the creation of video content where relevant and emails to all attendees and non-attendees.
• Critical analysis of the events schedule, challenging how events have/or are run and seeing where improvements and new ideas can be suggested