HR & Recruitment Officer
Job title: HR & Recruitment Officer Location: Central Birmingham with hybrid working £30,000 DOE + Plus Benefits
I am recruiting for a new exciting role in Central Birmingham. The successful candidate will deliver an effective HR and recruitment service and proactively assist the HR team with effective administration for all stages within the employee life cycle as well as administration support for the recruitment team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for the HR & Recruitment Officer
- Produce changes to terms and conditions letters, termination letters and other associated administration, updating the HR System with changes.
- Respond to requests for proof of employment references for ex-employees or those seeking a mortgage.
- Manage the HR inbox, answering queries quickly and efficiently, and passing queries on to other members of the team as needed.
- Assist the Organisational Development Manager with L & D admin including logging and filing evaluation forms and printing training materials
- Answer ad hoc queries from employees and managers.
- Confidential filing of personal records, ensuring that the security and content of records meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- Answer ad hoc and basic policy and procedure enquiries from employees and managers in person, by telephone and through the HR inbox.
- Assist with any ad hoc project / research work commensurate with the level of the role
- Raise purchase orders and new supplier forms for invoices.
- Update the HR intranet site as needed.
- Manage the administration of the probation process, update the log and chase any outstanding forms.
- Log return of appraisal forms, chase managers where required
- Undertake the HR induction for all new starters and oversee the Induction Feedback meeting process.
- Prepare recruitment adverts for the staff intranet and external online job boards.
- Prepare interview timetables, liaising with and advising hiring managers on recruitment processes.
- Administer the Inclusive Recruitment System, moving candidates between pipelines as candidates are shortlisted, assessed and interviewed.
- Assist with shortlisting of contact centre candidates in high volume campaigns, scoring on the HR system accordingly.
- Book in re-arranged telephone/face to face interviews and then follow up in writing.
- Administer recruitment tests.
- Produce conditional offers and obtain written references, as well as medical and
- Right to Work information, ensuring full compliance is met for all new starters
- Send final offers and contracts, send out starter paperwork and process when completed and returned. Set up employee files on the Trust’s internal HR systems
Skills needed for the HR & Recruitment Officer role
- Proven experience within a HR administration role
- Proven experience of recruitment administration
- Highly organised with the ability to plan workload and prioritise tasks
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent written communication
- High level of IT literacy, to include Word and Excel and remote working applications such as Microsoft Teams
- Experience of working with HR databases/systems including managing recruitment processes via an ATS
- High level of accuracy in production of work
- High level of initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Highly resilient and calm approach
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates