Contract Manager – 6-month or 18-month FTC - London (1x/week) Position: Contract Manager Location: London (1x/week in office) Contract: 6-month or 18-month Fixed Term Contract Hours: Full-time Salary/Benefits: Up to £550/day (Inside IR35) Sector: Public Sector
Role Details – Contract Manager
We are currently looking for 3 Contract Managers to join a reputable organisation on either a 6-month FTC (2 vacancies) or an 18-month Fixed Term Contract.
The Contract Manager will be responsible for contract negotiation, management and oversight of the process to deliver against the requirements of a portfolio of contracts, providing quality, comprehensive and professional contract management advice, and support to the organisation.
Person specification for the Contract Manager
- Experience of strategically managing important contracts from award through to exit
- Experiencing of managing contracts within a structure framework
- Excellent understanding and experience of using of CM tools such as Risk register, business continuity plans, Improvement plans and exit plans.
- Experience of implementing performance management improvement plans with suppliers and turning performance around
- Excellent stakeholder skills with experience of managing relationships with senior stakeholders
- Experience of mobilising contracts including setting up governance processes and performance management regimes
- Experience within public sector Contract management / procurement
- Experience in completing Contract variations and in navigating assurance processes
- Familiar with E-procurement tools
- For the 18-month role experience of managing IT contracts would be desirable but not essential
Key responsibilities of the Contract Manager
• Developing, implementing and promoting a robust contract management framework which is aligned to and underpins the Strategic Direction.
• Proactively manage an allocated portfolio of contracts to ensure organisational contract compliance. This will include the provision of advice on contract terms, incentives and penalties to ensure contracts are utilised effectively.
• Lead and coordinate the annual contract negotiation process for the allocated portfolio.
• Regular review and re-negotiation of contracts, updating documentation as necessary ensuring that service specifications contained within contracts are clear, deliverable, reflect capacity and demand within services and are up to date.
• Develop relationships with stakeholders to ensure that any relevant service delivery or contract compliance issues are escalated quickly.
• Coordinate responses and produce documentation in the event of any relevant consultations or contractual disputes.
• Lead on drafting, agreeing, and implementing sub-contracts with providers to ensure contractual robustness and subsequently monitor the provider’s compliance with the terms of the contract.
• Work closely with the Finance Team to ensure contract costings are correct and cover the entire costs of providing the service.
• Produce and present written and verbal reports on contractual performance and present these reports to various forums as required.
• Line management of direct reports, including setting objectives and undertaking appraisals, managing conduct, performance and managing health and sickness issues as and when they arise.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates
Salary: GBP60000 - GBP70000 per annum + Discretionary bonus + Additional benefitsLocation: City of LondonDate posted: 13 February 2024A leader in Asset Management are looking for an EA to support the CEO in their central London Office. This prestigious position is a permanent role base in Central London. You will play an integral role in supporting the CEO in a 1:1 role, where you will be a valued member representing the CEO as a first point of contact and be responsible for the smooth running complex diaries and international travel.