Fire Safety Advisor
Robert Walters Group: Public Sector Division – Fire Safety Advisor – Permanent - £37,000 to £44,000 per annum
Role: Fire Safety Advisor
Salary: £37,000 to £44,000 per annum or BAND 6
• Fire engineering/ Engineering science, or fire /fire safety degree; or extensive experience and knowledge in fire safety supplemented by a specialist qualification in fire engineering/fire safety to post graduate/diploma level or equivalent.
• Certificate in training practice or extensive experience of preparing and delivering training.
• Membership of a professional organisation (e.g. the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) or the institute of Fire Prevention Officers (IFPO)
Duties of the Fire Safety Advisor:
• Assist the Trust’s professional lead (Fire Safety Manager) with all fire related issues at all of the Trust’s properties
• The post holder will be responsible for technical and general Fire Safety Advice, completion of detailed fire risk assessments in accordance with HTM05 and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) order 2005, including the provision of Fire Safety training within the Trust
• The post will require a comprehensive approach to ensure that fire safety issues are recognised, planned and implemented in an appropriate manner
• Internally the postholder will develop effective working relationships with: hard and soft facilities, Capital Projects, Emergency Planning and all staff; externally this includes fire service and fire contractors
• Ensure standards of fire prevention and safety are maintained
• Guarantee that fire precautions meet the standards set out in documents issued by the Department of Health and with other statutory requirements and recommendations of relevant code of practice
• Provide advice on structural fire protection and safety for existing and new buildings and proposed alterations to buildings
• Undertake fire risk assessments in all premises managed by the Trust. Prepare reports and prioritise action plans following risk assessments which requires the analysis and comparison of a range of options, the postholder will be responsible for formulating, implementing and monitoring any action plans
• As appropriate, implement the proposals outlined in the action plan and/or assist in the co-ordination/implementation of the action plan
• Monitor the implementation of the action plan and report any deviations from the plan to the Trust Fire Safety Manager (TFSM)
• Undertake an annual re-assessment of fire safety risks, or more frequently, as required
• Review new fire legislation and regulations and, where necessary, provide briefing notes and procedures for comment/approval to fire safety group
If you are interested in this position then please apply via the advert or forward a CV to Lauren.email@example.com applications will be contacted in order of receipt.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates