Commercial Advisor - West Midlands We are currently looking for a permanent Commercial Advisor to join an excellent organisation in the West Midlands.
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 + fantastic benefits
Office: West Midlands hybrid working – travel into the office 2 - 3 days per week
Main responsibilities of the Commercial Advisor:
• On a day-day basis, the Intellectual Poperty team will work to secure investment and support the exploitation of IP through licensing, spin-out, and joint venture activity.
• Supporting the Director, taking an active role in the development and management of relationships with internal colleagues and external organisations to deliver key metrics.
• Support the management of ideas from concept to commercialisation – working with all individuals in creating new companies, negotiating, and licensing IP
• Establishing appropriate IP protection measures through external lawyers
• Identify opportunities for spin-out companies, write exploitation and business plans, and assist in identifying and obtaining appropriate financing to deliver these plans.
• Maintain systems for dealing with royalty payments and grant income, and take responsibility for sourcing, developing and securing funding
• Development of appropriate licensees, conducting due diligence on prospective licensees, and negotiating the deals which form the basis of the licences to ensure maximum financial returns.
• Support the amendment/improvement of policies with respect to IP commercialisation and enterprise activity to ensure legal compliance
Key skills of the Commercial Advisor:
• Background knowledge directly related to Intellectual Property ( IP) exploitation.
• Knowledge of the different forms of IP / Patent, and experience in customer interaction and license negotiation
• Demonstrable experience of Intellectual property or Patent management
• Experience of securing income and investment
If you are interested in being part of a growing, driven business where you can add real value, please apply or send your CV to: Dawn.May@walterspeople.co.uk for further information.
Salary: GBP34000 - GBP49000 per annumLocation: West MidlandsDate posted: 23 May 2022Commercial Executive - West Midlands We are currently looking for a permanent Commercial Executive to join an excellent organisation in the West Midlands.
Salary: GBP50000 - GBP60000 per annumLocation: BedfordshireDate posted: 05 July 2022Summary of role The Transactional Manager is responsible for the full services on behalf of their clients ensuring an efficient end to end process is delivered. You will be in charge of the overall client relationship while making sure all compliance is aligned with contracts. You will be responsible for managing, motivating and leading the team and liaising closely with the wider operations teams.